As members of Stanley Park Baptist church, we believe and teach:
- That the Holy Scriptures as we have them are given of God, divinely inspired, without error, entirely trustworthy and useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training us in righteousness. They are the complete revelation of His will for the salvation of men, constituting the divine and final authority in all matters of faith, conduct and morality within the church.
― 2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:19-21; Hebrews 4:12; Matthew 5:18; 1 Corinthians 5:1-13; Ephesians 5:3-8
- That there is only one God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
― Deuteronomy 6:4; Genesis 1:1-2:1; 2 Corinthians 13:14; Revelation 4:11; Hebrews 1:2, 3; 1 Corinthians 8:6
- That our Lord Jesus Christ is God revealed in human flesh, having been miraculously conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. We affirm His full-yet-sinless humanity, divine miracles, vicarious and atoning death, bodily resurrection, ascension into heaven, ongoing mediatorial work, and personal future return in power and glory.
―Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:18-25; Mark 14:61-62; 1 Corinthians 15; Hebrews 7:11-28; John 1:3-14;
Romans 3:24-25; 2 Corinthians 5:21; 1 Peter 2:24; Acts 1:9-11; 1 John 2:20-27
- That the Holy Spirit is God dwelling in us and among us, convicting, regenerating, sealing, indwelling, guiding, instructing, and empowering us to live a holy life. The Holy Spirit bestows upon all believers spiritual gifts for the purpose of building up the church, enabling us individually and corporately to witness and work for God in this world.
―John 16:8-13; I Corinthians 12:12-14; Ephesians 1:13-14; Romans 8:9; Titus 3:5; Ephesians 5:18; 1 John 2:20-27; Ephesians 4:7-12; I Corinthians 12-14; John 15:26-27; Acts 1:8
- That the salvation of lost and sinful humanity is possible only through the merit of the shed blood and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ, is received by grace through faith apart from works, and is characterized by regeneration by the Holy Spirit.
―Ephesians 1:3-14; 2:4-10; Titus 3:4-7; John 1:2; 3:16-36; 5:24; Romans 5:9-10; 8:1-2; Titus 3:5
- That there are two ordinances that give witness to the Christ’s work of redemption on behalf of the believer: baptism by immersion and the Lord’s Supper. We also believe in the power of intercessory prayer, including prayer for the sick.
―Matthew 28:19-20; Acts 2:38; 8:12, 35-38; Colossians 2:12; Luke 22:19-20; I Corinthians 11:23-29; James 5:14-16
- That the true church, in both its universal form and its local expression, consists of those believers who have publicly confessed Jesus Christ as Lord, having been called to love, unity and fellowship within the Body of Christ, of which He is Lord and head. Every local church has the right under Christ to decide and govern its own affairs in accordance with Biblical standards, free from all outside interference.
―Acts 2:41-42; John 13:34-35; Romans 10:9-10; 12:5; Ephesians 1:22-23; 4:1-6;1 Thessalonians 1:4; I Corinthians 1:2, 9; 12:12-14; Acts 14:27; 1 John 3:14; 4:7-12; Colossians 2:16; 3:12-17; Mark 12:17
- That each member of the church has both the right and the responsibility to participate in the corporate life of the congregation, and the obligation to be good stewards, good citizens, and agents for justice, peace and righteousness in our world.
―Hebrews 10:25; 2 Timothy 4:5; 1 Corinthians 10:31-33; 1 Peter 2.12; 2 Corinthians 9:12-14;
Matthew 5:9; 25:34-30; James 3:18; 1 Timothy 6:18; Psalm 82:3-4; Micah 6:8; Isaiah 1:17
- That God will ultimately judge the living and the dead, those who are saved by faith in Jesus Christ to the resurrection of life, and those who are lost to the resurrection of damnation.
Malachi 3:18; Matthew 25:34-41; John 5:28-29; Revelation 20:4-6, 11-15; 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17; 2 Thessalonians 1:7-9
This Sunday at SPBC
Our in-person service is at 10am, please register with the office if you plan to attend as there is limited capacity.
We also continue to post our services online at 10am each Sunday.
Contact the Church Office
Summer Office Hours:
Tuesday to Thursday 9am – 2pm
31 Lorraine Avenue